'Jurassic World' has grossed nearly $1 billion worldwide in only two weeks
"Jurassic World" has already set numerous box-office records, and this weekend's grosses indicate it is poised to set another mark.
In just two weeks, the film has earned a worldwide total of $981.3 million. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the latest installment of the Jurassic franchise "will be the fastest in history to hit $1 billion."
"Jurassic World" raked in $102 million domestically this weekend, a decline from its domestic opening-weekend gross of $208.8 million, but enough to make it only the second movie in history to earn more than $100 million on two different weekends.
All told, "Jurassic World" has earned $398 million in the US, The Hollywood Reporter notes, as well as $583.1 million around the world - $161.7 million of which came from China alone.
Universal Pictures/"Jurassic World"
The latest records come after "Jurassic World" topped "Furious 7" to become Universal's biggest Thursday release, with $18.5 million in receipts.
Perhaps most impressively, as BI's Brett Arnold noted on June 13, the movie had the biggest opening day of all-time, as its one-day totals on Friday, June 12, amounted to $64.1 million, besting "Furious 7" and both Avengers films.
It currently has a 71% rating on RottenTomatoes.
- Apple expands end-to-end encryption to iCloud in a bid to make it safer for vulnerable profiles like celebrities, activists, or journalists
- BharatPe sues Ashneer Grover and wife for swindling firm; asks them to repay ₹88 cr
- Dorsey challenges Musk to make everything public now; Twitter CEO responds
- Rohit Sharma to Bumrah, here are the Indian cricketers who got injured in 2022
- Data of 6 lakh Indians sold on 'bot' markets for nearly ₹490 each
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World