Jurassic World' is based on this one quote from 'Jurassic Park
Chuck Zlotnick/Universal Pictures
The film brought the dinosaur theme park John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) envisioned in the '90s to life.
It turns out there's a lot more linking the two films.
Director Colin Trevorrow spoke with the Jurassic Cast podcast, revealing how one single quote from Jeff Goldblum's character Ian Malcolm inspired the basis for all of "Jurassic World." Comingsoon.net reported on the podcast first.
"'Jurassic World' is all based on Ian Malcolm's quote, 'You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you wanna sell it,'" said Trevorrow. "That to me is 'Jurassic World.' That's why I had all the product placement. That's what it was."
Trevorrow also went on to talk a little bit about the impending sequel, "Jurassic World 2," which he is currently writing.
"It will get to be a different kind of film," added Trevorrow. "The audience has given us permission to a certain extent to take this to the next level, and I don't necessarily mean in scale, I feel very strongly that it's not about more dinosaurs or bigger and better dinosaurs, it's about using this as a starting point for a much larger story about our relationship with these animals and about animals in general and the dynamic created by bringing them back to life."
Trevorrow went on to say Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are expected to reprise their roles as Owen and Claire, respectively.
"Jurassic World 2" is set for a June 22, 2018 release.
You can listen to the podcast via Jurassic Cast below.
You can hear Trevorrow discuss Malcolm's quote around the 10 minute mark.
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council