Kanye West caps off tweetstorm about meeting with Trump with cryptic '2024' tweet
Drew Angerer/Getty Images
West said in a series of tweets posted to his official account that he "wanted to meet with Trump today to discuss multicultural issues."
"These issues included bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago," West said.
Hope Hicks, a spokesperson for Trump, told The New York Times earlier in the day that it was West who requested a meeting with Trump.
"I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change," West said in a tweet.
West concluded his tweetstorm with a tweet hinting at a future presidential run:
#2024- KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) December 13, 2016
The rapper previously said last year at MTV's Video Music Awards that he was planning on running for president in 2020.
Earlier in the day, West sent the political universe into overdrive when he entered Trump Tower in New York City.
Accompanied by his entourage, including a videographer, the pop cultural icon walked into the lobby shortly after 9 a.m. ET. for a meeting with the president-elect.
"We've been friends for a long time," Trump told reporters after the meeting, adding that the two discussed "life."
Asked by reporters whether he had anything to say about his meeting, West said only that he wanted to take a photo.
The pair then shared a surreal handshake before parting ways:
West said at a recent concert that he would have cast his ballot for Trump had he voted in the 2016 presidential election.
Soon after his pro-Trump outburst, which was widely covered in the news, West canceled the remaining shows on his tour and was checked into a Los Angeles area hospital for exhaustion. He checked out in late November.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- One of Two and a half men Charlie Sheen back on TV, as himself
- As road & rail projects gather steam, cap good companies set for a decadal growth opportunity
- Network18 group to merge TV, digital news businesses
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!