Kanye West covers his laptop camera with tape
- Kanye West tweeted out videos of himself on his computer on Monday.
- If you look closely, one of the videos shows his MacBook - and what appears to be black tape covering the laptop's camera.
This is Kanye West, a world famous musician and fashion designer. Lately, he's been stirring up some controversy by posting videos of himself watching Scott Adams, the former cartoonist and current right-wing provocateur.
There's a lot to notice in the short videos, and Kanye may just be stoking the fires of controversy for the fun of it. But wait a minute...
Let's zoom in:
Kanye West/Business Insider
On the laptop Kanye is watching, it definitely looks like he's placed tape over the MacBook's camera.
It's a fairly paranoid move - but for someone of Kanye's stature, it may make sense. Kanye has more security concerns than a normal performer. In 2016, he and his wife Kim Kardashian were robbed in Paris after the thieves identified valuables they had while traveling through Instagram. When it comes to laptop cameras specifically, tech companies promise that their security would prevent a hacker on spying on you that way, but security experts insist it's theoretically possible.
Kanye joins other massive celebrities who tape over their webcams, including former FBI director and NYT bestselling author James Comey, and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- The brains behind India’s burgeoning beauty industry
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm