Keith Olbermann says Trump has done more damage to the US than Osama bin Laden and ISIS
- Earlier this week, political commentator Keith Olbermann tweeted that President Donald Trump has done "more to damage America than Bin Laden + ISIS combined."
- Meghan McCain, a conservative co-host of ABC's "The View," challenged Olbermann during Friday's show, accusing him of deepening political divides with his "damaging" rhetoric.
Political commentator and writer Keith Olbermann sparked a debate on ABC's "The View" on Friday when host Sunny Hostin asked him about a tweet he recently wrote accusing Donald Trump Jr. and his family of doing "more damage to America than Bin Laden + ISIS combined."
Conservative host Meghan McCain, Arizona Sen. John McCain's daughter, challenged Olbermann, arguing that "the comparison is absurd" and that "rhetoric like that is so damaging" to the country, which she said is plagued by political divisions.
Olbermann, who recently released his new book, "Trump is F--king Crazy," defended himself by arguing that the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq and Afghanistan in the wake of 9/11 was more damaging to America than the terrorist attack itself.
"The Iraq War was a waste of these people's lives," Olbermann countered. "And it was unnecessary."
"Bin Laden was dedicated to the destruction of everything we hold dear and our freedoms," McCain countered before Hostin interrupted, "Perhaps some people think Trump is dedicated to the destruction -"
"Do you want President Trump to fail?" McCain asked Olbermann before the show cut to a commercial break. "Do you want America to fail? Because I'm genuinely curious."
Watch the clip below:
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term