Kickstarter has had 100,000 successfully backed campaigns - here are some crazy stats about them
"In the 6 years, 9 months, and 10 days since Kickstarter launched, much has changed and much has remained the same," the company wrote in a blog post. "To celebrate this milestone we took a look at 100 numbers behind those first 100,000 successfully funded projects."
The crowdfunding site already has some big success stories, the biggest of which is Oculus, the company behind the Rift virtual reality headset that was acquired by Facebook for $2 billion (£1.4 billion).
The site also has some big failures, including Zano, a drone that received £2.3 million ($3.3 million) but never shipped to any backers.
Here are some of the most striking stats about Kickstarter projects, according to Kickstarter:
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal