Kim Kardashian apparently made over $80 million from her video game alone
How much money does Kim Kardashian West make? The world may never know. But we know one thing: she's making a tremendous amount of money from her mobile game, "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood." How do we know?
sorry I'm late to the party guys I was busy cashing my 80 million video game check & transferring 53 million into our joint account ????????????- Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) March 8, 2016
According to Mrs. West herself, the app made some $80 million thus far. It stands to reason that it's made far more than this, as it sounds like this is the payout that Kim received (not the overall earnings).
Which, ya know, whoa. Like, super whoa.
Supermodel and TV host Chrissy Teigen had a hilarious response, as she tends to:
@KimKardashian well iiiiiiiii just ordered thai food- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 8, 2016
It's not clear if that amount only pertains to the last year or what. The game first launched in June 2014 - it's available on iPhone, Android, and computers of all types. Though the game is free to download and play, there are plenty of ways to spend money within its confines.
Users can buy in-game cash using real world money, which enables them to buy in-game items, clothing, and more. It's essentially a game about becoming a successful Hollywood type, told through a kid-friendly lens.
Kim Kardashian Hollywood
Hilariously, and presumably intentionally, the $53 million that Kim says she transferred to her joint account with husband Kanye West is exactly the amount of "personal debt" that Kanye claimed to be struggling with back in February. So, uh, solved! Hooray!
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks