Kobe Bryant says he sometimes used to wish that he played an individual sport like tennis instead of basketball
- Kobe Bryant said he had frustrating moments during his NBA career where he wished he played an individual sport instead of basketball.
- Bryant said he liked the idea of the mental challenges that come with an individual sport like tennis vs. a team sport.
- Bryant sat in Naomi Osaka's box at the U.S. Open and saw the 21-year-old win in straight sets to advance.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kobe Bryant is known as one of the greatest NBA players of all-time, but in an alternate universe, he would have played an entirely different sport.Speaking with Sports Illustrated's Jon Wertheim from the U.S. Open, Bryant said there were times in his career where he wished he played an individual sport like tennis instead of basketball.
Bryant said he likes the mental challenge of an individual sport."There's something even more challenging in individual sports, you have to deal with the inner challenge," he said. "You have to be able to deal with the uncertainties from shot-to-shot or the disappointments in shot-to-shot, because it's just you out there. Right, so having to navigate through those emotions presents a new set of challenges."
Danielle Parhizkaran/USA Today Sports
- Mother’s Day 2021 Quotes — here are a few thoughts to cherish motherhood
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals