KUO: Apple is going to release new MacBooks sooner than previously thought
Getty Images News
According to Kuo, Apple is seeing "solid growth" in sales, as businesses and enterprise customers start to adopt Apple's laptops.The company is, according to Kuo, going to increase the speed it introduces new versions, bringing the release into the first half of the year.
Apple is also expected to build the latest versions of Intel's processors, called Skylake, into its Mac lineup. According to Intel, the new CPUs are between 10% and 20% faster than the previous version, named Broadwell. Beyond speed, Skylake has also been found to increase battery life over previous versions.Apple introduced the MacBook, a 12-inch model, in early 2015 and so, assuming a yearly update schedule like other Apple products, it could be time for a new version. The MacBook Pro was also last updated in early 2015.
Apple's Mac line - made up of the iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - have helped the company counteract the global decline in PC sales, with sales growing around 3% to 5.6 million units in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Owning an electric two-wheeler is slightly cheaper cheaper than petrol and diesel at a time when fuel prices are at a record high
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range