Lady Gaga is launching her long-awaited beauty brand exclusively on Amazon - and pre-orders start on Prime Day
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images
- Lady Gaga is finally launching her beauty brand, Haus Laboratories.
- Haus Laboratories will reportedly be the first major beauty brand sold exclusively on Amazon.
- Pre-orders start on July 15 - which is also Amazon Prime Day - with the launch date set for September.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Lady Gaga is finally launching her long-awaited beauty brand - and it could be a major win for Amazon on Prime Day 2019.
On Tuesday, the singer announced on social media that Haus Laboratories is preparing to launch, with pre-orders available starting on July 15.
Haus Laboratories will be the first major beauty brand launched and sold exclusively on Amazon, according to Business of Fashion. The publication reported that the Haus Laboratories launch is planned for September.
Amazon has been building out its beauty business, launching skin-care line Belei in March and an online beauty store for makeup professionals in June.
This would be Amazon's first time launching a major beauty line. And, as the sole celebrity-backed brand on Amazon Beauty, Haus Laboratories would gain a different type of exposure than it would have if Lady Gaga had decided to sell the brand at Sephora or Ulta.
With pre-orders starting on July 15, Haus Laboratories' debut is set to coincide with Amazon Prime Day, a 48-hour sales event that also kicks off on July 15. Amazon did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
"The last thing the world needs is another beauty brand... but that's too bad," Lady Gaga said in a video announcing the launch of the new brand.
Haus Laboratories' prices will be higher than drug store brands but lower than prestige labels, with lip gloss selling for $16 and kits with products for cheeks, eyes, and lips priced at $49, Business of Fashion's Rachel Strugatz reported.
Fans have been buzzing about Lady Gaga launching a beauty line for more than a year.
In 2018, the singer filed for trademarks for "Haus Beauty" and "Haus Labs" through her company, Ate My Heart Inc. In September, Lady Gaga posted a series of three Instagrams with the #hausbeauty hashtag.
Beauty brands have become a popular venture for celebrities seeking a secondary source of income. Rihanna's Fenty Beauty has been a massive hit since it launched in September 2017. According to Vogue, the makeup line brought in $100 million in sales within the first 40 days of its launch.
Watch the video announcing the Haus Laboratories launch here:
NOW WATCH: Why bonsai trees are so expensive
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World