Land Bill panel: Members oppose submission by private firm MD
AdvertisementMembers from opposition today opposed the act of a representative of a private firm being allowed to make a submission before the Joint Committee of Parliament that is going into the
Some opposition party members strongly condemned having "private individuals with their own agenda" for the meeting while a member questioned the logic of paying heed to views of people with "vested interests".
Members said they were fine with individuals appearing before the panel who represent enterprises, but private individuals with ‘agenda’ cannot be put forth.
The Joint Committee on the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015 had called delegates from Foundation for Democratic Reforms, Bhoomi Adhikar Andolan, Sree Samayaa, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, PRS Legislative Research and Dhanush Kumar.
Two law students namely Aditya Manubarwala and Shardool Kulkarni also presented their views.
Members objected when the Managing Director of Sree Samayaa, a private company from Mumbai, began expressing his views in favour of the Bill.
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Xiaomi’s new foldable wants to take on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 with a cheaper price tag
- Here’s why Nasa scientists are sending microorganisms around the moon
- A new study documents first human-to-dog transmission of Monekypox virus in France
- Vedanta partners with IIT-B to develop green steel technology