Leaked internal memos lay out Deutsche Bank's new org chart following a massive restructuring and 18,000 job cuts
Kai Pfaffenbach/Reuters; Deutsche Bank; Yutong Yuan/Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank this summer announced an historic overhaul that will cost more than $8 billion and include 18,000 layoffs globally.
- A cadre of executives at the bank will be responsible for navigating the turmoil and guiding the firm to a more stable and profitable future.
- Using leaked internal memos and conversations with insiders, Business Insider has charted the new organizational power structure within the firm's corporate and investment-banking operation.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories
Beleaguered German lender Deutsche Bank is undergoing an historic overhaul: Amid mounting losses and a plummeting share price, the firm announced this summer plans to gut its stock-trading business, restructure its investment bank, and lay off 18,000 employees around the world.
All told, the revamp - which will include a shrinking of the firm's global investment-banking ambitions in favor of a heightened focus on corporate and transaction banking services - will cost north of $8 billion.
But despite the bad headlines, Deutsche Bank isn't going away. It's even paying "danger money" to bankers in select areas where it wants to grow.
A cadre of executives at the bank are now responsible for navigating the turmoil and guiding the firm to a more stable and profitable future.
Using leaked internal memos and details from Deutsche Bank insiders, Business Insider has crafted an organizational chart of the most powerful people at the bank.
A Deutsche Bank spokesman declined to comment for this project.
Here is the org chart for the Deutsche Bank leaders in charge of the bank's historic overhaul.
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter
- Reliance Jio is making the most money it has ever made from its subscribers
- Twitter’s long-awaited hexagonal profile pictures that give bragging rights to NFT HOLDers is here — but not everyone loves it
- IIT-Bombay’s annual socio-weekend to start from January 22