Leaked screenshots suggest WhatsApp could add video calling
Macerkopf.de claims that the screenshots are from an unreleased version of the software - 18.104.22.168 - but it is unclear if they are legitimate. Business Insider has reached out to WhatsApp to confirm their authenticity.
WhatsApp recently added voice calling over the internet, and so the addition of video calling would make sense as the service expands.
Facebook, which owns WhatsApp, added video calling to Messenger in April.
WhatsApp has gained a large following outside of the US, with hundreds of millions of users in Asia, Latin America, and Europe.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath adds seven new ministers including Jitin Prasada ahead of polls
- Out of all cancer cases, 7.9% were found in children below 14 years, reveals ICMR report
- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to roll out ₹7,270 crore support programme for 14 states
- New potential factor contributing to severity of COVID-19 identified
- Coastal Andhra on alert as 'Gulab' set to make landfall