LeBron James is producing a remake of the 90s classic movie 'House Party' - and he might act in it
- NBA superstar Lebron James is producing a remake of the 1990 film "House Party."
- "Atlanta" writers Stephen Glover and Jamal Olori are set to write the screenplay.
- James says "it is definitely not a reboot."
LeBron James is taking on Hollywood producing, starting with a remake of a 90s classic.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, SpringHill Entertainment, which was founded by James and his partner Maverick Carter, will produce a new "House Party." "Atlanta" writers Stephen Glover and Jamal Olori are set to write the screenplay. The original comedy was released by New Line in 1990. It had two sequels, in 1991 and 1994, and starred Kid and Play of the hip hop duo Kid 'n Play.
"This is definitely not a reboot. It's an entirely new look for a classic movie," James, 33, told THR. James, who grew up loving the film, said that the opportunity to bring "House Party" to a new generation is "unbelievable."
"We're trying out some ideas for musicians to be cast in and to be a part of the project," Carter said. James is good friends with Drake, and SpringHill is already collaborated with the rapper on two projects.
Carter also mentioned that there's a possibility James, who received a lot of acclaim for his role in the comedy "Trainwreck," will appear in the film.
James is not the first NBA star to try out producing. Kobe Bryant is a 2018 Oscar nominee for the short documentary "Dear Basketball," and Steve Nash is producing a currently untitled feature about the rise of ecstasy and rave culture in Texas during the Reagan administration.
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- These types of green projects to receive special 'Green Bonds' as per SBI's new ESG framework
- Budget for the Amrit Kaal: Powered by capex, rooted in fiscal consolidation
- Netflix introduces new features to Premium plan members
- This 18-year-old edtech founder aims to buy out decacorn Byju’s one day
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive