Lennar is about to become America's largest homebuilder - here are some of its latest projects
Lennar and CalAtlantic already have large footprints across the US. Combined, the two corporations have 240,000 building plots in 21 states, a market value of around $18 billion, and a revenue of $17 billion over the past year.
The announcement follows ongoing labor shortages, increased regulatory costs, and a summer of powerful hurricanes that destroyed thousands of homes, mostly in Texas, Florida, the Caribbean Islands, and Puerto Rico. According to The New York Times, Lennar and CalAtlantic hope that by merging, they can address some of the issues that emerged from the disasters, including a decline in construction in the South.
Take a look at some recent projects from Lennar and CalAtlantic below.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts