Leonardo DiCaprio will play Leonardo da Vinci in a biopic, following an 'intense' bidding war
Larry Busacca/Getty Images; Hulton Archive/Stringer
Paramount Pictures beat out Universal in an "intense" bidding war for the rights to the biopic, according to Deadline. The film will be based on an upcoming da Vinci book by "Steve Jobs" biographer Walter Isaacson.According to a reported DiCaprio family legend, Leonardo DiCaprio got his name after his mother felt him "kicking like crazy one day when his parents were looking at a portrait of Leonardo da Vinci" in an Italian art museum.Advertisement
No stranger to biopics, DiCaprio won his first best actor Oscar in 2015 for his role as the real-life frontiersman Hugh Glass in "The Revenant." He was also nominated for his portrayals of Howard Hughes in "The Aviator" (2005) and Jordan Belfort in "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013).
Walter Isaacson's "Steve Jobs" book became a biopic of the same name in 2015, when director Danny Boyle adapted it for the big screen. Isaacson's "Leonardo da Vinci" book will be released in October.
- Best smart plugs and power strips with Wi-Fi support
- Here’s the list of upcoming bike launches in August 2020
- Best non-electric water purifiers for home
- Airtel-Amazon team up to take on Jio-Microsoft in the battle for India’s cloud market
- Here are the highlights of Prime Minister Modi's speech from Ayodhya