Little Caesar's will sell pizza with a crust made out of 3.5 feet of bacon
The "Bacon Wrapped Crust Deep! Deep! Dish" pizza will be available starting Feb. 23, the company said in a news release.
The company uses 3.5 feet of bacon to construct the crust.
The deep dish pizza is wrapped in bacon, then topped with pepperoni, cheese, and more bacon.
It costs just $12.
"We are the only national pizza chain to make our dough fresh each day in-store. That gives us a unique opportunity to try new ideas," Little Caesars Pizza CEO David Scrivano said in the news release.
One slice of the pizza has 450 calories.
The pizza is already a hit on social media.
just when i thought pizza couldn't get any better, Little Caesar's makes a deep dish where the crust is literally bacon. #gains- Akshay Naik (@akshaynanak) February 18, 2015
Lil cesears is coming out with a bacon wrapped crust pizza, i might actually eat there now- Inquisitor (@kay_ay_zee) February 18, 2015
BACON WRAPPED CRUST ON LITTLE CAESARS DEEP DISH PIZZA - I AM READY FOR THIS http://t.co/Qv4T4FxtTp- Charlie (@CharlieM_19) February 18, 2015
The new menu item could be a bid to win over millennials, who are increasingly seeking out fast casual options like Chipotle.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn