LIVE: Apple unveils its vision for the future of television
- Apple is hosting an event on Monday where it's expected to announce a new video service and a news subscription package.
- It's part of Apple's big push to expand its services business as iPhone sales have declined.
Apple's long-rumored video service is finally expected to debut on Monday.The company is holding an event at the Steve Jobs Theater at its Apple Park campus, where it's also likely to unveil a news subscription package, alongside some other announcements.Advertisement
The video service, which will reportedly offer access to new Apple original shows, as well as channels like Showtime and HBO, will likely be the centerpiece of the keynote. Apple has even hinted at this with its event invite, which read: "It's show time."
The announcements are part of a big effort by Apple to expand its services business amid slowing iPhone sales. The company is not expected to debut any new hardware at this event, as it opted to instead unveil several new products quietly last week, including second-generation AirPods and new iPads.Follow along below as we provide updates on Apple's announcements live during the event.
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi at UNGA: 'How long will India be kept out of decision-making structures of UN'
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use
- WHO warns death toll may hit 2mn even with vaccine