LIVE: Here come Snap earnings
Stephanie Keith/Getty Images
Snap reports its holiday-quarter results on Tuesday, and investors will likely be hoping against hope for some good news from CEO Evan Spiegel and his team.The company's stock is down by nearly 50% over the last year and has fallen even farther from its initial public offering price two years ago. Its number of daily active users has fallen in each of the last two quarters. It's been burning through loads of cash. And it keeps losing executives, most recently Chief Financial Officer Tim Stone, who is set to depart after Tuesday's report. Advertisement
Analysts have modest expectations for the company's fourth quarter, forecasting that Snap's top and bottom lines will improve, but that the company will still post a significant loss.
- Fourth-quarter (Q4) revenue: $377.48 million. In the fourth quarter of 2017, Snap posted sales of $285.69 million.
- Q4 earnings per share (EPS): A loss of 19 cents. In the same period a year earlier, the company lost 28 cents a share.
- First-quarter (Q1) revenue: $306.28 million. In the first quarter last year, Snap saw sales of $230.67 million.
- Q1 EPS: A loss of 24 cents a share. In the same period a year ago, the company lost 30 cents a share.
In late-afternoon trading Tuesday, Snap's stock was down 5 cents, or about 1%, to $6.88 a share.Get the latest Snap stock price here.
- Hero Moto’s lost sales will take a toll on its earnings — profit likely to fall over 88% in the first quarter
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Saif Ali Khan are expecting their second child
- Bombay High Court reserves verdict on pleas against TRAI's new tariff order
- Detain Bengaluru rioters' properties like Yogi Adityanath did, suggests Tejasvi Surya
- Best affordable smartwatches in India that work with Android and iOS