LIVE: Here comes Snap's Q1 2019 earnings...
Snap, the parent company of photo-sharing app Snapchat, announces its Q1 2019 earnings on Tuesday.Earlier in April, research firm Emarketer predicted that Snapchat's US userbase could shrink for the first time this year, as it faces sustained pressure from Facebook-owned Instagram, and suffers in the wake of a widely-criticized redesign in 2018.Advertisement
The results cross after 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT, and the company's stock is currently hovering around $12 a share - up more than 100% from lows of less than $5 around December 2018.
Here are the key numbers Wall Street is expecting, via Bloomberg:
- Earnings per share (GAAP): $-0.21 predicted, up 28.3% year-on-year
- Revenue: $307.4 million predicted, up 33.3% year-on-year
- Operating profit: $-205.2 million predicted
Got a tip? Contact this reporter via encrypted messaging app Signal at +1 (650) 636-6268 using a non-work phone, email at email@example.com, Telegram or WeChat at robaeprice, or Twitter DM at @robaeprice. (PR pitches by email only, please.) You can also contact Business Insider securely via SecureDrop.Get the latest Snap stock price here.
- COVID-19: 1,384 cases in TN, tally touches 27,256 12 more people die
- Secretariat emerging as hotspot as virus cases go up in AP
- Cyclone Nisarga: Need to harmonise with nature, says Goa Guv
- Woman alleges COVID-positive father 'not admitted' in time by Delhi hospital, dies
- Kerala reports 94 COVID-19 cases and three deaths