LIVE: Netflix reports its Q4 earnings
Netflix will report its Q4 earnings after the closing bell on Monday, and rose to a record high during trading.
Wall Street analysts expect Netflix's strong slate of originals, including the second season of mega-hit "Stranger Things," to propel the company past its guidance on US subscriber growth. This also might be a case of Netflix's guidance overcompensating for any damage to subscriber numbers due to the US price hike, which went into effect this quarter.
As always, investors will be focused on subscriber growth as an indicator of the health of Netflix's business, and will be looking closely at company forecasts for Q1, especially since Netflix doesn't have a blockbuster hit like "Stranger Things" to lean on.
This post will be updated as information becomes available.
Here are the key numbers for Netflix's Q4 earnings:
- Q4 EPS (GAAP): Wall Street estimates $0.41.
- Q4 revenue: Wall Street estimates $3.28 billion.
- Q4 US subscriber growth (net additions): Wall Street estimates 1.29 million net adds, versus Netflix forecast of 1.25 million.
- Q4 international subscriber growth (net additions): Wall Street estimates 5.05 million net adds, versus Netflix forecast of 5.05 million.
- Q1 US subscriber growth guidance (net additions): Wall Street estimates 1.28 million net adds.
- Q1 international subscriber growth guidance (net additions): Wall Street estimates 3.90 million net adds.
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000