Lok Sabha Election 2019: Polling dates for Meghalaya
AdvertisementDates for India’s 17th Lok Sabha elections were announced on March 10. The Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases starting, April 11, according to the Election Commission of India. The votes will be counted on May 23 and will decide the fate of major political parties in India.
Voting in Meghalaya will take place in a single-phase. As of 28 January 2014, the total voter strength of Meghalaya was 1,553,028. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Indian National Congress (INC) and National People’s Party are some of the prominent political heavyweight parties in Meghalaya.
Meghalaya has had 12 chief ministers since 1970, six of which belonged to the Indian National Congress (INC). The current chief minister of the state is Conrad Sangma, who belongs to the National People's Party. He assumed office on March 6, 2018.
Constituency wise dates of polling in Meghalaya:
Phase 1 (Date of polling: April 11, 2019)
Results of the Lok Sabha Election will be announced on 23 May.
Popular on BI
- Rupee could slide to 82 as a strengthening dollar is nullifying RBI efforts
- Microsoft Teams for the web gets a bunch of new features including Hindi captions and transcripts
- Byju's says Aakash acquisition on track after reports that it has failed to pay up
- 11,000 and counting — that’s how bad startup job losses are after Ola, WhiteHat Jr & 22 others cut costs
- South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey