Lok Sabha Elections 2019 candidate list for Manipur
AdvertisementDates for India’s 17th Lok Sabha elections were announced on March 10. The Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases starting, April 11, according to the Election Commission of India. The votes will be counted on May 23 and will decide the fate of major political parties in India.
Nongthombam Biren Singh is current Chief Minister of Manipur, also the first from Bharatiya Janata Party to govern the state.
In 2014, polls in Manipur for two Lok Sabha seats was held in two phases, April 9 and 17 of 2014. The voter turnout in Manipur in the election that year was 80%.
|Constituency||Current MP||Polling Date||Counting Date||BJP Candidate Name||Congress Candidate Name|
|Outer Manipur||Thangso Baite (Congress)||Apr-11||May-23||K K Ranjan Singh||K James|
|Inner Manipur||Thokchom Meinya (Congress)||Apr-18||May-23||H Shokhopao Mate (Benjamin)||O Nabakishore Singh|
Popular on BI
- Smart farming can prove to be a game changer in the coming days
- India must pitch for Rupee as dollar distancing might be finally happening: SBI Ecowrap
- Snapchat+ comes to India with exclusive features — here's how much it costs and how to sign up
- Xiaomi’s CyberOne humanoid robot can detect human emotions and costs as much as a Ford Mustang
- Markets may open slightly higher as they await Indian inflation data