Look How Jon Hilsenrath Just Moved The Bond Market
Ace WSJ Federal Reserve reporter
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke suggested in a recent speech that the 6.5% unemployment rate threshold the Fed has described as necessary to reach before the central bank will begin raising interest rates may actually understate weakness in the labor market. So, the idea is that perhaps the Fed will lower that threshold, implying that easy money will be the status quo longer than markets previously expected.
The market is taking the news quite credibly. The chart below shows the big move in 5-year U.S. Treasury notes following the release of the article.
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey