Lululemon's earnings crushed expectations and the stock is jumping
The company announced earnings for the fourth quarter of $0.85 per share, stronger than expectations of $0.80 per share. In addition, Lululemon generated $704 million in revenue against expectations of $693 million from analysts.
"In 2015, we made bold moves across the organization, elevating design and innovation and developing our infrastructure to position us for the future," said CEO Laurent Potdevin in the earnings release. "As I look forward to 2016 and beyond, I am excited and confident that we have the right team in place to execute on our long term strategies."
The company also saw same store sales rise 11% in the fourth quarter, much higher than the 8% expected by analysts.
In pre-market trading the stock has risen more than 6% to around $65.00.
- Microsoft Teams for the web gets a bunch of new features including Hindi captions and transcripts
- Byju's says Aakash acquisition on track after reports that it has failed to pay up
- 11,000 and counting — that’s how bad startup job losses are after Ola, WhiteHat Jr & 22 others cut costs
- South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey
- After groceries in 10 minutes, most Indians want their shoes delivered in 2 hours