Maharashtra has the most number of recognised startups: DPIIT
- As many as 19,351 startups are recognised under the Startup India Initiative, since 2016.
- The government had set up a fund of funds infusing ₹100 billion to invest in Indian startups.
- Maharashtra and Karnataka has the maximum number of recognised startups.
AdvertisementThe Startup India Initiative, which was introduced for the recognition of startups, has come a long way.
The government had set up a fund of funds infusing ₹100 billion to invest in Indian startups, as a part of the Startup India Initiative.
The initiative’s aim was to enable knowledge exchange and provide easy access to funding. As of now, it has listed 18,861 startups since its inception, which are recognized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT). Last month, 814 new startups received recognition by the Indian government, Mint reported.
Overall, as many as 19,351 startups recognised under the initiative since 2016. And, Maharashtra recognised the maximum number of startups, according to the report.
|Indian States||Number of recognised startups|
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining