Man caught with pipe-bombs and a replica of 'Hitler's Buzzsaw' machine gun also carried a fake 'White Privilege' credit card
- A man was charged Tuesday with possessing five fully operational homemade bombs "and materials to make more," according to the US Attorney's office in the Northern District of
- Officers found a total of 49 firearms, including a replica of a World War II-era German MG-42 machine gun nicknamed "Hitler's buzzsaw."
- Investigators found a mock credit card with "45" as its numbers and labels like "WHITE PRIVILEGE CARD" and "TRUMPS EVERYTHING"
A man was charged Tuesday with possessing five homemade bombs "and materials to make more," according to a criminal complaint from the US Attorney's office in the Northern District of California.
Ian Rogers was charged after the FBI's Joint
But FBI investigators said they found other evidence at the scene that indicates the bombs were "not just for entertainment purposes."Investigators found copies of the US Army's Special Forces guide for unconventional warfare in addition and a guide on guerilla warfare.
Text messages also found on Rogers' phone also included violent statements, such as "I want to blow up a democrat building bad," as recently as January 10."We can attack Twitter and democrats easy right now burn they're s--- down," Rogers is alleged to have wrote. "The democrats need to pay," another text message said. "Let's see what happens, if nothing does I'm going to war ... I hope 45 goes to war if he doesn't I will."
"45" is widely believed to refer to former President
Rogers' text messages also indicated he was an ardent supporter of Trump, according to investigators. Rogers, who appeared to believe Trump had won the 2020 US presidential election, believed attacking institutions he thought were sympathetic to Democrats would "ensure Trump remained in office."Rogers is being charged with an unlawful possession of an unregistered destructive device, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed