March saw Zomato processing 2 million online orders, with 23% MoM growth
Also read: The Zomato of fashion is here
In a blog post, Zomato said that the journey from one million orders to two million orders was not easy, and the company learnt a lot about what matters and what does not during this period.
Also read: HSBC halves Zomato's $1 billion valuation
It adds that it has been able to reach the milestone because of better customer retention and a "maniacal focus on customer support."
Also read: Upskill yourself with this course and you can land a job with Paytm, Zomato
The company, which spends only about $50,000 a month on marketing its online food ordering service, charges an average commission rate of about 8.5% (for restaurant-delivered orders), a major contributor in its financials.
While a few months back, the restaurant supply was available from 12,000 restaurants, it has now gone up to 18,000.
(Image source KnowStartup)
- HDFC Bank and SBI customers are facing UPI payment glitches
- India is the second-largest market for Coursera with 9.8 million learners, right after the US
- Odisha witnesses highest single-day COVID-19 cases and a record 16 deaths in a single day
- Maruti Suzuki launches 'vehicle subscription programme' in 6 cities — these are the models offered
- After SBI, HDFC Bank issues restructuring guidelines for retail loans