MARK CUBAN: I would consider being Donald Trump's VP if he asked me
His comments caused some people on social media to cheer the idea of Cuban joining Trump's presidential ticket, should the real-estate magnate win the Republican nomination.
So on Thursday, Business Insider reached out to Cuban - via his Cyber Dust app - to ask if he would consider running for vice president if asked by Trump, a fellow billionaire.
"Would I consider?" Cuban responded. "Yes."
However, the "Shark Tank" star and outspoken investor said he would probably not end up accepting the hypothetical offer.
"Would I do it. Probably not," he continued. "I'm not cut out for politics. At least [the] way they are now. Maybe in the future if Trump truly impacts how the game is played."
In his Cyber Dust post earlier in the week, Cuban wrote that Trump's unorthodox presidential bid "changed the game" due to his blunt approach to the campaign trail. Trump is leading most of the polls of the GOP primary.
"Up until Trump announced his candidacy the conventional wisdom was that you had to be a professional politician in order to run," Cuban wrote. "You had to have a background that was politically scrubbed. In other words, smart people who didn't live perfect lives could never run. Smart people who didn't want their families put under the media spotlight wouldn't run. The Donald is changing all of that. He has changed the game and for that he deserves a lot of credit."
He also dismissed the various controversies dogging Trump's campaign as nonissues. Among other things, Trump generated waves of negative criticism after he criticized the Mexican government for sending "rapists" to the US and briefly questioned Sen. John McCain's (R-Arizona) war record.
"I don't care what his actual positions are," Cuban wrote. "I don't care if he says the wrong thing. He says what's on his mind. He gives honest answers rather than prepared answers. This is more important than anything any candidate has done in years."
AP Photo/Scott Heppell
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine
- Lamborghini Revuelto: Plug-in hybrid supercar with V12 engine hits Indian roads
- 10 Lesser-known destinations to visit in India in December