Mark Hamill rerecorded his iconic 'Return of the Jedi' dialogue for the new 'Star Wars' trailer
teaser trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," you may have recognized a familiar voice.
Mark Hamill narrates the opening of the trailer as his character Luke Skywalker.
"The Force is strong in my family," Skywalker says, "my father has it, I have it, my sister has it. You have that power, too." The voice-over caught some people off guard. Fans debated whether or not it was repurposed from "Return of the Jedi," or a brand new recording.
According to an interview with Hamill at "Star Wars Celebration," he rerecorded the famous dialogue from "Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi" a week before the trailer's debut. However, not even he could figure out which version of his voice ended up in the final trailer.
It turns out it was a little bit of both.
"We used the original track and then we used what you recorded last week as reverb," Abrams told Hamill.
"There's a slight delay," Hamill explained. "So the delay is the new lines I recorded."
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Now, tourists from G20 countries will get to use UPI instead of cash in India