Mark Zuckerberg and his wife will invest $3 billion into curing diseases
Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, just announced the next phase of their philanthropy efforts: curing diseases.
At a press event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the couple said they will invest $3 billion in curing diseases by partnering with scientists and medical experts.
"By investing in science today, we hope to build a future in which all of our children can build long and rewarding lives," Priscilla Chan said.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative previously led investment rounds in an African coding startup called Andela and Byju, an Indian education startup that teaches kids subjects like math and science with a mobile app.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP