Markets Are Going Nowhere
So far there's been a lot of economic data, but markets are pretty meh.
First with the data, we've been covering the latest PMI reports for various countries, and the good news is that the data out of Asia has been universally strong for October, which augurs well for the whole globe.
European manufacturing data will be out Monday, and US data (which will show the impact of the shutdown) will be out later this morning).
In the meantime, markets are mixed. Japan was down. China was up a bit. Europe is down a bit. US futures are a little higher.
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations