Marriott's new Airbnb-style program will bring a huge perk from the hotel world into the home-sharing market
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network if you apply for a credit card, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Georgie Wileman/Getty Images
- Marriott is rolling out an Airbnb-style homesharing program.
- Marriott Homes & Villas, which has been trialed in several European cities, will officially launch in May - possibly as soon as next week - and will initially feature around 2,000 homes.
- Marriott Bonvoy members will be able to earn and redeem points on stays.
- This week is the last chance to earn a 100,000-point sign-up bonus on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card (after spending $5,000 in three months). It ends on May 2.
Airbnb and the homesharing model has dramatically changed the face of travel - and the world's largest hotel brand is making moves.
Skift, Marriott will - at least initially - effectively serve as an online travel agency, facilitating reservations at properties owned and managed by third parties. While properties won't be exclusive to Marriott and can be booked elsewhere - like HomeAway - the ability to earn and redeem Bonvoy points will likely be a strong draw.Advertisement
The announcement comes following the rollout of the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program - a product of the merger between Marriott and Starwood Hotels' Preferred Guest program - which has seen some initial bumps, but also featured lucrative promotions and opportunities as the brand has introduced new and rebranded rewards credit cards and properties.Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card, ends on Thursday, May 2. New cardholders must spend $5,000 in the first three months to get the bonus.Advertisement
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates a 400-bed COVID-19 hospital in Noida
- These are the tabletop airports in India – two of them have seen major plane crashes in last 10 years
- India registers 61,537 new COVID-19 cases and 933 more deaths, taking the total toll to 42,518
- A landslide in Kerala's Idukki has left 18 dead and over 50 missing
- Captain Deepak Sathe, pilot of the crashed AI Express flight, was a former Air Force officer and a part of the Golden Arrows squad