Marvel made a brilliant 1990s throwback website to promote the new 'Captain Marvel' movie
- Marvel's upcoming "Captain Marvel" movie is a flashback story set in the '90s.
- So it's utterly appropriate that Marvel made a '90s throwback website to promote the film.
- It's filled with lots of perfect little '90s details - you have to see it to believe it.
As you probably know from the trailers, Marvel's upcoming "Captain Marvel" is a throwback, rewinding the superhero cinematic universe to the days of Blockbuster, the Clinton administration, and the Backstreet Boys.So it's only appropriate that Marvel's new "Captain Marvel" website looks like a time capsule from 1997 - back when websites were not nearly as slick as they are today. You have to see it to believe it, so take a look.
It is, in other words, absolutely perfect as a piece of '90s nostalgia; a little piece of the web from the days when everybody on the internet had a homepage hosted with Geocities.If this has you longing for the good old days of the internet, I would next direct you to the website for "Space Jam," which has remained online and completely unaltered since before the movie premiered in 1996.
Meanwhile, here's the newest TV spot for "Captain Marvel," which opens in theaters on March 8th:
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise
- AISAM likely to take key decisions on Air India divestment on Saturday