Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige came up with the idea to close 'Avengers: Endgame' with an homage to 'Iron Man'
- Warning: Major spoilers below if you have not seen "Avengers: Endgame."
- The hammer-hitting-metal sound following the end credits of "Endgame" is a callback to the movie that launched the Marvel Cinematic Universe, 2008's "Iron Man."
- The idea to use it came from the top: Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.
- "Kevin came in and said, 'I got an idea, and I want to try it - what if we have a little audio flashback at the end with Tony?'" coeditor Jeffrey Ford told Business Insider.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Warning: Major spoilers below if you have not seen "Avengers: Endgame."If you sat through the entire end credits of "Avengers: Endgame," you noticed that unlike all the MCU titles before it, there was not a single scene either during or after the credits rolled. All we got was the sound of a hammer hitting metal as the Marvel Studios logo came on the screen at the very end. Advertisement
But if you're up on your Marvel Cinematic Universe history, you know that the sound was a callback to the first "Iron Man" movie, back in 2008. (That movie was released by Paramount - boy, would movie history be different if that studio held onto Marvel.)
MCU fans have loved the homage. Not only does it praise the movie that led to a multi-billion-dollar movie franchise, but it also works with the movie's Mobius strip time-travel arc in which time (in the MCU world) is on an infinite loop.
"Avengers: Endgame" is currently playing in theaters.
- Bengaluru Violence: 3 dead and 110 arrested for rioting over a Facebook post
- PM to launch platform to honour honest taxpayers on August 13
- Google wants to turn Android phones into the world's largest earthquake detection network
- All the jobs openings at All India Radio, World Health Organisation, Facebook, ICRC right now
- EXCLUSIVE: Meet the makers of Motera Stadium — the same company that designed Melbourne Cricket Ground and sections of Lord’s