Maryland's governor said to 'get ready' for Elon Musk's Hyperloop that will connect Baltimore and Washington
AP Photo/Jack Plunkett
Hogan said on Twitter on Thursday that he supports a Hyperloop connection between Baltimore to Washington D.C."I think it's coming to Maryland and it's going to go from Baltimore to Washington, so get ready," Hogan said when asked his thoughts on the Boring Company's Hyperloop.
Musk said in July that the Boring Company had received "verbal government approval" from the federal level to dig a tunnel that would support a Hyperloop between New York and D.C. with stops in Baltimore and Philadelphia.This is the first time, however, that a government official has said the Hyperloop project is a go. Hogan said the administration supported the project and that he "thinks" it will come to Maryland, so it's unclear what kind of approval the project has gotten.
A press representative for the Governor's office didn't immediately return Business Insider's request for comment.The Hyperloop is a nascent transportation system that would work by shooting pods in a vaccum-sealed tube at high speeds. Musk first outlined his vision for a Hyperloop in a 2013 "white paper."This story is developing...
Our administration is proud to support The Boring Company to bring rapid electric transportation to MD - connecting Baltimore City to D.C. pic.twitter.com/5DoLSLDesP- Larry Hogan (@LarryHogan) October 19, 2017
- Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin shows 81% efficacy after second dose in phase 3 trials
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore