McDonald's is rolling out a new buy one, get one for $1 deal to win over budget shoppers
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- McDonald's is rolling out a buy one, get one for $1 deal across the US.
- The deal allows customers to order a second menu item for $1, picking from options including the Quarter Pounder with cheese, Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, and 10-piece Chicken McNuggets.
- McDonald's is looking to budget shoppers as it works to boost traffic and bring in more customers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
McDonald's has a new deal to win over customers.On Tuesday, the fast-food chain will roll out a buy one, get one for $1 deal at locations across the US. The deal allows customers to order one of a list of menu options, including the Quarter Pounder with cheese, Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, and 10-piece Chicken McNuggets, and get a second one of the options for just $1.
"We know that many of today's customers are looking to get more out of their dollars, and still want menu items they crave," Alyssa Buetikofer, McDonald's USA strategic planning and value lead, said in a statement.McDonald's has been struggling to boost traffic in recent years. In the most recent quarter, US same-store sales were up by 5.7% - but traffic was still negative.
UBS released a research study that found the top two reasons customers who were eating at McDonald's more frequently provided to explain their behavior was the chain's "good value" and "more promotions."
More than one in four respondents who said they were eating McDonald's less explained their behavior by saying that they had less spending money. In other words, a lack of disposable income was the top reason that customers said they were ditching the chain.
- Philips Avent urges fathers to support mothers in breastfeeding, reminding them that parenting is a team effort
- Indian factories added jobs for the first time in 15 months
- Birla is reportedly ready to give Vodafone Idea to the Indian government
- How to join missed group calls on WhatsApp
- EVTRIC, a new brand of electric scooters hit the market starting at a little less than ₹65,000