No tomatoes in McDonald's burgers for some time now
Because of poor quality of tomato crops, US burger chain
A notice displayed at McDonald's outlets in Connaught Plaza explained that because of company’s inability to procure good-quality tomatoes, it has stopped to add tomatoes in various products.
Other than the quality of crops, the country has also seen tomato prices shooting up in the past few months. In June, wholesale price inflation data showed vegetable prices jumping up by 17% y-o-y.
However, as per senior executives at
However, Westlife Development, operating McDonald's outlets in Western and Southern parts of India, has not come up with any step, since it’s not facing any such issues.
- Facebook removes false accounts linked to Brazil's Bolsonaro
- WB reports highest single-day spike of nearly 1,000 COVID-19 cases
- IIT-KGP extending additional Rs 3,000 to emergency workers on campus
- Pune district adds record 1,618 COVID-19 cases; 25 more die
- 78 new COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, tally rises to 3,134