Meet Clarabelle Saldanha, Deepika Padukone's trusted hairstylist
Right from Deepika Padukone, Gauri Khan to Lara Dutta and Malaika Arora Khan, Saldanha is the faithful friend and trusted hairstylist, whose hands have styled the looks for numerous celebrity cover photoshoots.
Yet, very little is written about her or her team of six. The reason for that omission is that she has never once advertised in the last 38 years that she’s worked as a hairstylist.
One google search confirms that as the search engine throws up no results when it comes to any details about her but on the other hand, it is flooded with numerous photo shoots credits attributed to Saldanha.
Apart from cutting hair, Saldanha also travels with Bollywood’s leading ladies on outdoor film and ad shoots if asked.
Her clientele is impressive to say the least.
(Image credit: Brown Paper Bag)
“My tryst with celebrity hair cutting started with actress like Amrita Singh,
Saldanha’s hair studio is delightfully lit and constitutes floral seating and a single hair wash bay. She does all the cuts herself, while the colouring is done by her employees, most of whom have been with her for over 20 years.
AdvertisementThere’s something else. Her salon also has a picture of Saldanha with Oprah Winfrey.
We know you can tell that there’s an interesting story behind that, but to be absolutely sure, you gotta tame that mane.
Contact: You can book an appointment with Clarabelle on 9870107034.
Getting there: Her studio is at Lilly Villa, 21 Convent Road, Bandra West
Pocket pinch: Rs 5,000 plus taxes for a haircut.
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar