Meet Meryl Streep's 30-year-old daughter, who's the next rising star of TV
On the hacker drama's two-part season-two premiere Wednesday at 10 p.m., fans will meet Gummer as FBI investigator Dom DiPierro. Though she's intensely focused on her job of finding the root of the hacker attack on E Corp, Gummer's character also has her flaws.
"She is sort of like a Fran McDormand in 'Fargo': earnest, feminine, messy, and private, but tough," Gummer, 30, said of her character in a recent interview with the New York Times.
Gummer has appeared in several films and TV shows, including HBO's "The Newsroom." Along the way, she has hoped to break away from being known simply as the daughter of Meryl Streep.
"It used to bother me," she told the New York Times of being known as Streep's daughter. "I try not to think about it, or it could really get to me."
Gummer is making her own path through Hollywood.
Here's the fabulous life and career of Grace Gummer:
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more