Meet the 10 richest billionaire royals in the world right now
Read full story
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Royal families are known for having a high net worth.
- The net worth of some European ruling royals - such as Queen Elizabeth II and the British royal family - pales in comparison to the net worth of other ruling royals across the globe.
- Meet the top ten richest ruling royals in the world, ranked by their billion dollar net worths.
If you think the net worth of Europe's royal families is high, think again.
Where some European royals have the highest net worth among the continent's royal families, such as Prince Albert II of Monaco, they rank much lower compared to other royal families around the globe.
Worldwide, Queen Elizabeth II and the British royal family's $500 million-plus net worth
doesn't even make the cut for the top 10 richest royals.
Below, see just how much the world's richest ruling royals are worth (net worth estimations may fluctuate).
Hint: they're all billionaires.
10. Prince Albert II, Monaco
9. Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Qatar
8. Grand Duke Henri, Luxembourg
7. Emir Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, Dubai, UAE
6. Prince Hans Adam II, Liechtenstein
5. King Mohammed VI, Morocco
4. Emir Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi, UAE
3. King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Arabia
2. Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, Brunei
1. King Maha Vajiralongkorn, Thailand