Meet the first-ever robot citizen - a humanoid named Sophia that once said it would 'destroy humans'
Graham Flanagan/Business Insider
As of October 25, Sophia is the first robot in history to be a full citizen of a country.
Sophia was developed by Hanson Robotics, led by AI developer David Hanson. It spoke at this year's Future Investment Initiative, held in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh.
Sophia once said it would "destroy humans," but this time around the robot spoke about its desire to live peaceably among humans.
Here's what the robot is all about.
- Wunderman Thompson Commerce launches Global Sustainable Commerce Practice
- Star Health Insurance IPO subscribed only 79% on last day; issue extended till 7 p.m.
- SBI’s former chairperson Rajnish Kumar joins OYO’s board ahead of IPO
- Two Omicron cases reported in India and both are from Karnataka
- Crypto romance — Love in the times of blockchain