Meet the power players at the SoftBank Vision Fund, who are writing checks for billions of dollars and upending the technology business
Koki Nagahama/Getty Images
Softbank's Vision Fund has set out to find the tech stars of tomorrow today.
Led by the billionaire Masayoshi Son, the $100 billion mega fund drew astonishment, acclaim, and scorn upon its launch in 2017. Doling out checks in increments of at least $100 million, it has amassed a sprawling and formidable portfolio of about 80 tech investments in AI, semiconductors, e-commerce, transportation, and healthcare.
And it backs some of the biggest names in tech today, including Uber, Slack, WeWork, and Grab.
The fund itself has grown quickly. It's claimed that it will soon have 800 staff, up from 400 in September. At the top, there are 34 key figures driving SoftBank forward, including investors, technologists, and talent spotters.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World