Microsoft Has A New 4G Version Of The Surface Tablet
The AT&T LTE version of the Surface 2 will sell for $679 and comes with 64 GB of internal storage. That's $100 more than the standard $549 WiFi 64 GB configuration.
The tablet will be available in Microsoft's online and physical retail locations as well as Best Buy. It goes on sale March 18. Although Microsoft just made the announcement today, reports from last week suggested it already began appearing in Microsoft stores.
The Surface 2 runs on Windows 8.1 RT, which is the scaled-down mobile version of Windows 8.1 that doesn't allow access to older desktop programs. There's no word on whether or not we'll see an LTE version of the Surface 2 Pro, which is powered by Windows 8.1.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations