Microsoft's Windows Chief: Hey, Our Windows 8 App Store Grew Faster Than Apple's
Seven months after launch, the Windows 8 app store now has 60,000 apps, Tami Reller,
Yesterday, Reller's colleague,
Speaking at the 2013 Wired Business Conference in New York, she said, "We have more apps now in our store than Apple had the first whole year."
She's right: A year after Apple opened its Mac App Store, it had10,000 apps.
The bigger question is, does that really matter? Windows 8 is competing with both the Mac and the iPad. And as of March, Apple's iOS store had over 800,000 apps, 333,000 for the iPad. In March, the Mac store was growing at about a rate of more than 850 apps a day, reports Kenny Hemphill at MacUser.
In other words, the Windows App store has to grow faster than Apple's, and it still has a long way to go.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts