Mindblowing examples of the technology that makes Apple's CEO want to 'yell out and scream'
AP / Matthew Sumner for Getty Images
"I am so excited about it, I just want to yell out and scream," Apple CEO Tim Cook said to Bloomberg about augmented reality.Apple opened the door for more augmented-reality apps earlier this month when it released ARKit, new software that makes it easier for developers to make AR apps.Advertisement
"We're building it into iOS 11, opening it to developers-and unleashing the creativity of millions of people," Cook said. "Even we can't predict what's going to come out."
Developers are going nuts with ARKit. But it's still in beta, so most people can't download the apps yet. But MadeWithARKit, a Twitter account, newsletter, and blog maintained by Sam Dauntesq, is collecting all the highlights as they appear - and employees from leading AR firms like Apple, Snap, and Magic Leap are following it too.Here are some of the highlights:
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar