'Moana' has an end-credits scene featuring a fun nod to a classic Disney movie
Warning: Spoilers ahead for Disney's "Moana."
Disney's newest movie "Moana" finally sailed into theaters on November 23, and fans of the animation powerhouse will not be disappointed by the creative tale following a new heroine across the ocean.
For those looking to absorb every moment of Disney magic, make sure you stay seated after the movie - there's a short scene at the very end of credits.
In case you missed it, here's what happens.
The credits roll to a stop and then cut to the monstrous hermit crab Tamatoa.
Moana and Maui had to fight Tamatoa in the realm of monsters during the movie. Tamatoa had acquired Maui's magical fish hook and was hoarding it alongside other shiny treasure.
They managed to escape with Maui's hook, and during the struggle Tamatoa was flipped onto his back.
In the post-credits scene, Tamatoa is still stuck on his back. His treasure-encrusted shell is similar to a turtle's, so Tamatoa has been unable to flip himself back over.
The hermit crab is calling out for help, clearly exasperated. "If my name was Sebastian and I had a cool Jamaican accent, you'd totally help me!" he yells.
This not-so-subtle call out is to Sebastian - the lovable Jamaican crustacean sidekick to Ariel in "The Little Mermaid."
In true Disney fashion, the references don't stop there. Aside from Tamatoa's small scene, there's also a small "Wreck It Ralph" Easter egg. Towards the very end of the scrolling credits (before Tamatoa comes on) - keep a sharp eye out for a Ralph himself among the designs on the right side of the screen. Disney is currently working on a "Wreck-It Ralph" sequel which is currently set for a March 9, 2018 release.
"Moana" officially comes to theaters on Wednesday, November 23, with early showings in select theaters on Tuesday, November 22.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World