More than 2,000 new stores are opening in 2019 as Dollar General, TJ Maxx, and Aldi defy the retail apocalypse
- Dollar General, Aldi, TJ Maxx, Costco, and Walmart are among more than a dozen retailers that are planning to open new stores in 2019.
- Overall, retailers plan to open more than 2,000 new stores this year, according to a Business Insider analysis.
- This compares to the 5,300 stores that retailers are planning to close this year.
Many of the retailers that are opening new stores in 2019 are discounters, including Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Aldi, and TJ Maxx.
Here's the full list of companies opening stores.
Dollar General: 975 stores
Dollar Tree: 350 storesAdvertisement
Family Dollar: 200 stores
Ulta: 80 stores
HomeGoods: 65 storesAdvertisement
TJ Maxx and Marshalls: 60 stores
Abercrombie & Fitch: 40 storesAdvertisement
Sprouts Farmers Market: 30 stores
Target: 23 storesAdvertisement
Costco: 20 stores
Dry Goods: 19 storesAdvertisement
HomeSense: 15 stores
Walmart: fewer than 10 storesAdvertisement
Sierra Trading Post: 10 stores
Nordstrom: 7 storesAdvertisement
Kohl's: 4 stores
Wegmans: 3 storesAdvertisement
Whole Foods: 2 stores
- People testing negative for COVID-19 but showing symptoms should be treated: Experts
- Partial lockdown in Srinagar to combat COVID-19; over 60 containment zones designated
- Life insurance sector witnesses 18.6 pc drop in first-year premium: CARE Ratings
- Anti-China sentiment will help Samsung boost sales in India, say analysts
- Tsuzuki to set up plant at Reliance's Model Economic Township in Jhajjar