More than 3,600 stores will close in 2018 - here's the full list
Walgreens, Payless, Toys R Us, and Gap are among the many retailers expected to shutter hundreds of stores in 2018.
Some companies' closures will take effect immediately, such as Sears and Kmart, which plan to close a total of 63 stores in January.
Other closures are already underway and could last several months before completion. The children's clothing retailer Gymboree, for example, announced in July that it would close 350 stores. As of November, 248 closures had been carried out.
The following is a list of expected closures next year. As this list grows over the next couple months, we will update it accordingly.
Business Insider/Samantha Lee
- ISRO lines up an LVM3, six PSLV, three GSLV launches in 2024
- 10 Natural mouth fresheners for fresh breath all day
- Maruti Suzuki to Hyundai – car makers offer huge year-end discounts to push sales
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones