Most of the world's billionaires didn't inherit their wealth - they earned it
A new infographic from All Finance Tax highlights the richest people in the world, along with some interesting patterns.
- eight out of the ten richest billionaires in the world are American
- two of those top ten are women, and in 2015 there are a record number of female billionaires worldwide
- tech giants Uber, Airbnb, and Snapchat contribute multiple young billionaires to the list
Most interestingly, the majority of billionaires - think Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Larry Ellison, to start - are self-made, while a minority inherited the whole of their wealth.
Learn more about the richest people in the world below:
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock double after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi
- Top 10 most wicket-takers for India in the history of Test Cricket